We are always seeking out enthusiastic people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or looking to begin your career in hospitality, we would love to hear about you. Even if we don’t have a current listing, get in touch!
We are looking for an awesome Sous Chef to join our team!
We are a busy owner-operated restaurant in the heart of Three Lamps, Ponsonby specialising in delicious food, great wine and fantastic service. We’ve been open for nearly 4 years now and are well-established in our industry and community. We’re a tight-knit, incredible team of people who love hospitality. Currently open Tuesdays to Sunday lunch through to dinner. We’re also opening a deli next door so join us for that adventure! We offer a great working environment, great pay and delicious team meals every shift.
You’ll be joining as a Sous Chef, working alongside a professional, experienced, and committed team. On a day-to-day basis you will be supporting the Kitchen Manager in managing the kitchen; overseeing the team in all sections of the kitchen, training and developing the team, managing and developing systems as well as creating and cooking delicious dishes. We’re looking for someone who loves cooking, enjoys managing people and thrives in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high standards. It’s an exciting time to join as we’re about to open a Deli next door so we have 2 kitchens and huge growth coming up with a lot of opportunity.
- Great chefs in a positive work environment
- Enjoy fast-paced, high-standard cooking
- Professional development & career progression within the business
- A mix of evening/daytime shifts / Double shifts
- Amazing team meals
- Great pay & good tipping culture
- Flexible roster & supportive employers
- Good hours, balanced lifestyle
- Love food and hospitality
- Have at least 1 year of experience at a Sous Chef level in a busy restaurant with high standards of cooking or have 3 years at a Senior Chef De Partie level and are ready for the next step.
- Have a high level of attention to detail and hold yourself to a high standard with food and systems.
- Be interested in progressing your experience, creativity, and knowledge.
- Be eager to learn from those around you, develop your skills and challenge yourself.
- Are humble kind, and quick-thinking, with a great attitude
- Are always looking for the good in demanding situations and enjoy the challenge of finding solutions to problems.
Get in touch if you feel like we’d be a great fit for you!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Listed 8th November 2023)